Statistics Tutor Singapore
Hi! I am a full time statistics tutor in Singapore who provides statistics tuition in Singapore with PhD qualication, lecturing experience in university as well as publication records. I am here to help those who would like to understand statistics better.
My statistics tuition services: I provide statistics home tutoring and online statistics tutoring service. My highest qualification is PhD (I hold PhD in Management, Major Finance, Best Postgraduate Student Award recipient).
As of 2020, I have accumulated 8 years of teaching experience on delivering mathematics and statistics subjects for secondary and tertiary level. Previously I have held different academic position such as assistant professor, mathematics and statistics advisor, mathematics teacher, mathematics tutor and statistics tutor.
Some of the statistics topics I used to teach
- Basic Descriptive Statistcs – mean, median, quantiles, variance, standard deviation
- Regression and correlation – least-squares, residuals, confidence intervals for intercept and slope, correlation coefficient
- Experiment and sampling: experimental design, sampling techniques
- Hypthesis testing – one sample t-test, independent sample t-test, ANOVA, MANOVA, Chi-square test
- Moderation & Mediation
- Structural Equation Modeling
In addition, I have received teaching related training under tertiary setting and also training on supervising postgraduate research. Consequently, I am well versed of different teaching methodologies and how to guide a student to along towards a better academic achievement. In addition, I also know how to supervise undergraduate & postgraduate students on their research projects. This has made me to be more confident for being a competent statistics tutor to strive to provide you one of the best statistics tuition in Singapore.
Other than teaching statistics, I am also teaching mathematics tuition in Singapore. You may contact me as well You may contact me (SMS/Whatsapp/Telegram: +65-85483705) if you are looking for O-level math tutor, JC H1 math tutor or JC H2 math tutor.
Statistics Tutor’s Profile
1. Doctoral Degree
PhD in Management (Major in finance), UTM
- Best Postgraduate Student Award recipient
- Published 3 research articles on international peer reviewed journal
2. Master degree
Master in Applied Statistics, UM
- Graduate with Distinction
- 8 years of teaching experience on delivering mathematics and statistics.
- Taught level: secondary school, undergraduate degree, honor degree, master student until PhD candidates.
- 5 research publications: 3 related to applied econometrics topics, 2 related to machine learning concept.
Educational Training Attended
- Received teaching related training under tertiary setting
- Also received training on supervising postgraduate research
My Statistics Tutoring and Consultation Experience
- Providing professional consultation to academic staff in university (lecturer until professor) on issue pertaining to statistical data analysis for their research.
- Dealing with research students (honor thesis, master students, PhD students) by advice them on their research design, ethic application, data collection and quantitative data analysis.
- Dealing with students who face difficulty on learning mathematics and statistics and students who would like to do excel in mathematics and statistics subject.
- Meeting with academic staff in finding solutions for helping the students learning mathematics and statistics in a better way.
- Teaching statistics as private tutor, lecturer and assistant professor.
- Understanding the statistics courses structure being taught in different discipline such as: business statistics, psychology statistics, financial statistics etc.
- Teaching statistical data analysis using various softwares (eg. SPSS, AMOS, R etc).
- Publication track records on research.
Statistics Tuition Singapore
For those who are looking for statistics tutor in Singapore, I provide statistics tuition in Singapore. Statistics knowledge lays an important foundation for an undergraduate students and postgraduate students to have enough quantitative data analysis skills. For those who are statistics tutor for your undergraduate & postgraduate course, if you are interested you may approach me for my statistics private tutoring service.
Statistics is a branch of maths that deal with the collection, organization, analysis, interpretation and presentation of data. By learning statistics, people will learn to use a limited sample to make intelligent and accurate conclusions about a greater population. On a practical sense of view, study statistics are to be able to effectively conduct research, to be able to read and evaluate journal articles, to further develop critical thinking and analytic skills, to act a an informed consumer.
My Singapore Statistics Tuition Syllabus Coverage
My statistics tutoring services is covering for those who are taking the following syllabus.
- Business Statistics Tuition
- Psychology Statistics Tuition
- Biostatistics Tuition
- Statistics for Data Science Tuition
- Financial Statistics Tuition
- Quantitative Research Method Tuition
- Data Visualization Tuition
- Social science statistics Tuition
- Other University Statistics Modules Tutoring Services
When teaching statistics, my teaching philosophy is to provide my students a comprehensive understanding for all the required statistics concept which will eventually enable the student to be competent to deal with various statistical analysis problems. Thus, if you are looking for statistics tuition in Singapore, then you may scroll down further to read more about my statistics tuition service.
Types of my Singapore Statistics Tuition
- Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore – Individual or Group
- Online Statistics Tutoring – Individual or Group
- Blended Learning approach
1. Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore
In my statistics home tuition classes, my objective is to address the difficulties commonly encountered by students. Therefore, each lesson is being organized such that it will be well-structured and delivered systematically to meet the learning needs of the students.
Benefit of taking statistics private tuition
- Convenience for students
- Detailed feedback
- Personalised attention from tutor
- Learning at own pace
- Minimal distractions
- One-to-one statistics private tutoring.
- 2 hours per class.
- One class per week.
Home Tutoring Services Provided
- H2 Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore
- Foundation Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore
- Diploma Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore
- Undergraduate Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore
- Business Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore
- Psychology Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore
- Postgraduate Research Statistics Home Tuition in Singapore
At student’s place.
2. Online Tuition for Statistics
With the advancement of technology, statistics online tuition is now possible. Students can get the help out of the tutor with their statistical knowledge progression in front of the computer. As statistics tutor, I have also been trained before in providing online tuition. To date, I have 3 years online mathematics & statistics teaching experience in providing online math tuition and also online statistics tuition.
Benefit of taking online statistics tuition
- Comfortable learning environment where students just need a computer with webcam and microphone in order to attend the class.
- Lower cost, my online statistics tuition class’s fee would be cheaper than the face to face class.
- One-to-one statistics private tutoring.
- Small group (3 – 6 students per session)
Online Statistics Class Duration
- 2 hours per class.
- One class per week.
Online Statistics Tutoring Subjects
- H2 Statistics Online Tuition in Singapore
- Foundation Statistics Online Tuition in Singapore
- Diploma Statistics Online Tuition in Singapore
- Undergraduate Statistics Online Tuition in Singapore
- Business Statistics Online Tuition in Singapore
- Psychology Statistics Online Tuition in Singapore
- Postgraduate Research Statistics Online Tuition in Singapore
One-to-one statistics tutoring
- Please contact me to ask about the statistics online tuition fees.
Statistics Group tuition
- S$430/4 lesssons
- Schedule of fees for my statistics tuition in Singapore.
Online platform eg. Microsoft Team
3. University Statistics Intensive Revision Class / Crash Class
Statistics Exam is around the corner, but you still feel like you are not confident enough on your statistics knowledge? Come and join my university statistics revision class! You may refer to the link to find more information about my university statistics revision class.
The Statistics Intensive Revision Class is suitable for
- Those who have some fundamental knowledge about the statistics topics but would like to further enhance their skills.
University Statistics Intensive Revision Class size
- Max 10 participants
University Statistics Intensive Revision Class Duration
- 2 - 3 hours per class.
University Statistics Intensive Revision Class Subject
- Business statistics module
- Psychology statistics module
- Other statistics modules
University Statistics Intensive Revision Class Tuition Fees
- Please contact me for more information
- S$89/session (2 hours)
- S$129/session (3 hours)
- Online platform (Zoom)
- Please scroll down to see more information
PROS AND CONS OF PRIVATE STATISTICS TUITION
Sometimes it could be difficult to choose whether to take a private statistics tuition class or join a group tuition. I would like to offer some of my advice regarding the selection. The tutor only has one student to teach in a private statistics tuition class. Thus, the tutor would be able to give the full focus to the student. In addition, the structure of a class and how a lesson is being delivery will be customized according to the pace of the student.
However, the cost of private statistics tuition is normally more expensive than group tuition class.
The topics of Statistics Tuition in Singapore that I normally covered
Business Statistics Tuition
- Describing Data in Tables and Distributions
- Describing Data Numerically
- Displaying and Exploring Data
- Continuous Probability Distributions
- Sampling Methods and the Central Limit Theorm
- Estimation and Confidence Intervals
- One-Sample Hypothesis Tesing
- Two-Sample Hypothesis Testing
- Multiple Regression
- Time Series and Forecasting
- Descriptive statistics
- t-test, ANOVA
- Correlation and regression
Psychology Statistics Tuition
- Measurement and Measurement Validity
- Probability, hypothesis-testing, and confidence intervals
- Causal Conclusions
- Within vs. Between Subject Designs
- More than two conditions, but I IV
- Factorial Designs (More than one IV)
- t-tests, correlations, bivariate regression, one-way analysis of variance, and chi square
Statistics for Data Science Tuition
- Cluster analysis
- Linear Regression
- Logistic regression
Statistics for Finance Tuition
- Time series analysis
Quantitative Research Method Tuition
- Defining Research Problems
- Data Collection and Questionnaires
- Hypothesis testing
- Regression Analysis
- Regression Diagnostic
My Research Publications
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2015). The Dynamic Linkage Among The Asian Reits Market, Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 115 – 126. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Integration between the Asian REIT markets and macroeconomic variables. Journal of Property Investment and Finance, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 68 – 82. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Modeling the volatility of Asian REIT markets. Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, pp. 1 – 13. (Scopus-Cited)
Machine Learning (Neural Network, Random Forest, Extreme Gradient Boosting)
- Loo, W.K. (2019), “Predictability of HK-REITs returns using artificial neural network”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K. (2020), ” Performing technical analysis to predict Japan REITs’ movement through ensemble learning”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. (Scopus-Cited)
List of my Singapore Mathematics Tuition Services
Statistics Home Tuition
List of my Singapore Mathematics Online Tutoring Services
Statistics Online Tuition
- Statistics Online Tuition (Singapore)
- Business Statistics Online Tuition (Singapore)
- Psychology Statistics Online Tuition (Singapore)
- Quantitative Data Analysis Online Tuition (Singapore)
- Econometrics Online Tuition
- SPSS Data Analysis Online Tutoring (Singapore)
- Eviews Data Analysis Online Tutoring (Singapore)