Math Tutor – Dr. Loo
Hi, I am Dr Loo. I am a currently a full time math and statistics tutor in Singapore providing mathematics home tuition and online math tuition service which includes O-level Math Tuition and JC Math Tuition. This, if you are looking for my math tutoring services in Singapore, I am happy to offer my services as Singapore O-level math tutor and also Singapore H2 maths tutor.
I am a PhD holder graduate from Doctorate of Management (Major Finance) program since 2017. I have also obtained my qualification in Master in Applied Statistics. In addition to that I obtained Graduate Certificate of Education in year 2020. I have passed CFA level III exam on 2017 as well.
As educator, I have started my teaching career since 2012. Throughout the time, I have taught quantitative related subjects (mathematics, statistics, quantitative analysis, principle of investment, fixed income analysis) at different levels, ranging from secondary, diploma, university to even postgraduate.
With having the opportunities, I am exposed to different teaching environments with diverse background of students, which make me a better educator in delivering knowledge to students.
Following indicates the breakdown of my teaching experience:
8 years of accumulated teaching experience
Institute of Higher Learning
Being mathematics and statistics advisor in Singapore Private University for more than 2.5 years
Being tutor, part-time lecturer, assistant professor in Malaysia universities for around 2.5 years
2 years experience teaching IGCSE Maths in International School
> 4 years experience as private tutor teaching secondary to postgraduate for maths related subject
PhD in Management (Major Finance), University Technology of Malaysia (Best Postgraduate Student Award Recipient)
Master in Applied Statistics, Univeristy of Malaya (Distinction)
Graduate Certificate in Education, James Cook University
Bachelor of Building Surveying, University of Malaya
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2015). The Dynamic Linkage Among The Asian Reits Market, Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, Vol. 21, No. 2, pp. 115 – 126. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Integration between the Asian REIT markets and macroeconomic variables. Journal of Property Investment and Finance, Vol. 43, No. 1, pp. 68 – 82. (Scopus-Cited)
- Loo, W.K., Melati, A, and Suresh, R. (2016). Modeling the volatility of Asian REIT markets. Pacific Rim Property Research Journal, pp. 1 – 13. (Scopus-Cited)
Machine Learning (Neural Network, Random Forest, Extreme Gradient Boosting)
- Loo, W.K. (2019), “Predictability of HK-REITs returns using artificial neural network”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/JPIF-07-2019-0090
- Loo, W.K. (2020), ” Performing technical analysis to predict Japan REITs’ movement through ensemble learning”, Journal of Property Investment & Finance, Vol. ahead-of-print No. ahead-of-print.
If you are interest to view the abstracts you may click on this link.